Filters allow you to create a query by which you can retrieve information based on your account. You can create and apply ad hoc filters, as well as save specific filters for future reuse.
Filters are constructed by selecting specific values from the available drop-down menus. A filter can be as simple as only using one set of values, such as one that requests all items with the word "biology" in its title, or as complex as requesting all items from a defined time period in a specific Web of Science category.
Creating a Filter
You can create a new filter at any time to satisfy an ad hoc request, or to be reused in the future
To create a filter
- Choose the most relevant entity to start with from the drop-down menu and add values from the subsequent drop-down menus that appear.
- Add additional filter criteria by clicking the button that appears at the end of each filter statement.
- Click Apply when finished constructing your filter.
Saving a Filter
You can save a filter for future reuse and apply it directly, or edit it to serve your changing needs
To save a filter:
- Select your filter criteria
- Click Save filter and provide a name for the filter in the pop-up that appears
- Click Save filter again to close out.
Using a Saved Filter
Saving and reusing filters can help streamline your workflow. Saved filters can be applied as-is, or can be modified to support changing needs
To use a saved filter:
- Click Restore Filter.
- Chose a filter from the options that appear in the drop-down menu.
- Click Load Filter.
- The list view will update with your filter applied.