Interpreting the Metrics
InCites reports and their metrics give you quantitative data to make sound judgments about:
Use InCites to answer such questions as:
- Which papers are most influential in a given field of research?
- Which authors are rising stars in their fields?
- How many articles has my institution produced in the past five years? How does that output compare to that of peer institutions?
- Has the research output of my country improved or declined in comparison with that of other countries?
- Where are the researchers who collaborate with researchers at my institution?
- Are researchers in my country performing better or worse than researchers in other countries publishing in the same journals?