Journal Citation Reports
The Journal Citation Reports module within InCites allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from approximately 12,000 scholarly and technical journals and conference proceedings from more than 3,300 publishers in over 60 countries/regions. Journal Citation Reports is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all specialties in the areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
JCR provides dynamic, interactive features supported by visualizations of JCR indicators that allow researchers and librarians, as well as publishers, to compare, evaluate and inform their decisions on published research in varying fields.
Key features in the Journal Citation Reports allow you to:
- Focus on desired subject categories, enabling you to review journal titles and key performance indicators in the category;
- Compare multiple journals based on a chosen indicator;
- Evaluate the performance of journals in which you or your organization has published research;
- Recognize trending journals in key research categories;
- Identify the ideal journal in which to publish your forthcoming research;
Network graphs on the Journal and Category Ranking Page, visible by clicking Show Visualization, display striking relationship visualizations based on customizable filters located on the left-hand side of the page. The size of each category, the flow of citation data between categories and additional indicator information accompany each graph. Hovering above any node in the Category network will provide Aggregate Journal Impact information and total number of journals in that category.
Additionally, information in the data table can be customized by clicking Customize Indicators, allowing you to see that information most relevant to you. The network graph is hidden by default, to provide an extended view of the data table. Clicking on hyperlinked indicators will display the calculation that sits behind that year’s figure..