The Journal Citation Reports module within InCites allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from approximately 12,000 scholarly and technical journals and conference proceedings from more than 3,300 publishers in over 60 countries. Journal Citation Reports is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all specialties in the areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
Key features in Journal Citation Reports allow you to:
- Focus on desired subject categories, enabling you to review journal titles and key performance indicators in the category
- Compare multiple journals based on a chosen indicator
- Evaluate the performance of journals in which you or your organization has published research
- Recognize trending journals in key research categories
- Identify the ideal journal in which to publish your forthcoming research
For information about the current release of Journal Citation Reports, see
Journal Citation Reports: A New Primer
"To underscore the simplicity and strength of the JIF and other metrics associated with the JCR, Clarivate Analytics has prepared a primer in which these elements are clearly explained and illustrated. From the exact calculation of the JIF, to the editorial procedures that handle instances in which a journal changes its title, to dealing with misguided efforts to artificially influence JIF or misinterpret its significance – the primer provides clear, factual information to enhance the JCR’s utility."